VitraHaus




I hope you haven't kept you waiting here? Unfortunately my schedule didn't leave me with much time to sit down and write some posts the last couple days. I know, you'd think that, as a freelancer, I'd have more time for blogging. Ironically, not. On top of that my computer has a mind of it's own and interfered with everything I did do (I've been playing around and working on a new design for the blog). But... I did manage to continue and collect some great items for the blog again, so plenty to share this week. Now, let's get going...!

One of the first things I want to show you is the amazing VitraHaus, built by the prestigious Swiss architecture firm Herzog & de Meuron. This is the new home of the Vitra Home collection, where you can discover all the products, arranged per living and work situation. Curious about the interior? Check the 3D panoramas of the inside of the VitraHaus and its furnishings.

For those of you who are not familiar with Vitra, Vitra has a great collection, if not the best, of classics from designers like Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson, Isamu Noguchi, Verner Panton and Jean Prouvé. They also have some amazing contemporary designs by Maarten van Severen, Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec, Antonio Citterio, Hella Jongerius, Jasper Morrison and others.

And having all of these designers' products under this new roof might be the new German heaven on earth, a good seven hours away from home. This calls for a road trip soon and see with my very own eyes...

No comments: